A healthy and balanced diet promotes general well-being and our body functions at its best.
- Eat foods rich in Vitamin A such as yellow fruits and leafy green vegetables.
- Bananas, eggs, oatmeal, and rice are rich in Biotin (Vitamin B). Biotin is important for skin health. Low Vitamin B may cause dermatitis.
- Eat plenty of foods rich in Vitamin C such as oranges, grape fruits, and mandarins. Strawberries, green peas, bell peppers, broccoli, cauliflower and leafy greens are also good sources. Vitamin C aids in the maintenance of collagen that is one of the key components supporting the structure of our skin.
- Free radicals destroy collagen and elastin, the structural fibres in the skin. Destruction leads to premature development of wrinkles.
- Natural minerals.
Selenium is a mineral antioxidant that is known to reduce the damage caused by ultraviolet light. Selenium occurs naturally in a diverse range of healthy foods including:
- Vegetables such as broccoli, brussels sprouts, and mushrooms;
- Most fish but especially tuna and
- Most whole grain cereals and many nuts as well as sesame seeds.
Zinc is a mineral that helps maintain collagen and elastin fibres that ensure skin is firm and wrinkle free. Zinc occurs naturally in a diverse range of healthy foods including:
- Oysters, fish, and lean meats, as well as turkey and other poultry meat and
- Most of the vegetables and nuts that also contain Selenium.
Skin Health can also be advanced by:
- Regular exercise;
- Avoiding cigarette smoke;
- Minimising or even abstaining from alcohol consumption and
- Drinking plenty of water, at least 1 litre per day.
Remember that a healthy balanced diet means that you should not need supplements to maintain good health and vitality. This is general advice and you should consider your dietary preferences (such as Vegetarian), medical conditions (such as Diabetes, Heart Conditions) and allergies (such as Nuts). Where necessary you should consult your General Medical Practitioner and/or Dietician about your dietary needs.
Laser Skin Rejuvenation is one of the latest and most effective cosmetic procedures available for those looking to enhance their overall youthful appearance and self-esteem. Treatment using the MedLite Q-Switch laser is perfect for those looking for a safe, quick procedure to rejuvenate and revitalize their skin.