At City Laser Clinic, we operate three Candela GentleLase Medical Grade laser machines, because our experience is that they are the best, safest and most effective method of Hair Removal. Our clients frequently express their satisfaction with the results achieved from our Alexandrite laser machines. Contact City Laser Clinic to arrange a FREE laser consultation to discuss a laser treatment plan that suits your needs with one of our trained, qualified and experienced laser hair removal staff.
More than a machine – a system
The Candela Gentlelase uses an Alexandrite laser operating at 755nm wavelength developed to provide optimum safety and results by:
- More effective melanin absorption, as compared to other similar machines including diode lasers. The absorption of the laser energy by the melanin in our skin creates a better transfer if energy and more effective destruction of the hair follicles and consequential hair loss;
- The Candela Gentlelase Alexandrite laser is more effective at removing finer, thinner hairs that other systems such as diode lasers cannot remove or require more and longer treatments to remove;
- The Candela Gentlelase laser incorporates a skin cooling system for pain relief that effectively manages the short sharp pain that some people feel, most clients do not need further pain relief and if required a gel applied to the skin is effective and sufficient additional laser treatment; and
- Candela’s DCD (Dynamic Cooling Device) cryogen spray is the premium cooling system on any laser today. This guarantees more comfortable laser treatment.
- The Candela Gentlelase is also designed and built for operator comfort to increase fine control and consequently improve application and provide safer more effective laser treatment.
Disadvantages with Diode lasers
Diode lasers have several relevant disadvantages when compared with the Candela Gentlelase Alexandrite laser, these disadvantages include:
- A smaller diameter beam – due to their smaller application area (surface of the probe that contacts the skin) which is usually fixed and typically 9mm square means that it can take twice as long to treat the same area as compared to the time taken when using a Candela GentleLase Alexandrite laser machine.
- It has been reported in Cosmetic Surgery Times that the LightSheer hurts more than the GentleLASE on a per pulse basis.
- Diode lasers are not as effective on some hair types as compared to Alexandrite laser machine such as the Candela Gentlelase. Diode Lasers can achieve results on light skin and fine hair but their smaller application area means that it can take much longer to treat the same area as compared to the time taken when using a Candela Gentlelase Alexandrite laser hair removal machine.
- The additional time taken to treat the same area typically means a substantial increase in overall treatment cost as compared to the costs when being treated with more effective machines such as the Candela Gentlelase laser that can achieve superior results in considerably less time.
At City Laser Clinic, we appreciate that time is precious for our clients and they recognise and appreciate the lesser overall cost of effective laser treatment in money terms as well as their investment in personal time. Operating Candela GentleLase Medical Grade laser machines allows us to provide safe and effective laser hair removal treatment in a time efficient manner reducing overall laser treatment cost and personal time. Please contact City Laser Clinic to arrange a FREE laser consultation to discuss a laser treatment plan that suits your needs with one of our trained, qualified and experienced laser hair removal staff.