Before and after your Laser Hair Removal Treatment
Please shave the area 2 days before the laser hair removal treatment (except for female facial area treatments). Shaving the area will ensure best results, please have your hair short for your first and subsequent treatments, 2 days growth provides the best situation for the CANDELA GentleLase Alexandrite laser to work and safely remove your unwanted hair. Sun exposure before the treatment.
- You must not have solarium, fake tan or sun on the area 2 weeks before the treatment. Please wear sunblock (even in the car). Especially on your face and arms.
Sun exposure after the treatment
- Keep the treated area out of the sun for 2 weeks before and after each Laser Treatment.
- Be aware of your skin in the sun after the laser hair removal treatment.
Hair removal becomes noticeable – the unwanted hair starts falling out
- Your hair can take up to 2 weeks to fall out. It may fall out as late as the 14th day after treatment.
- If some hair does not fall out within 14 days – please don’t be alarmed, it’s common. You may shave that area and please inform your Therapist about it on your next visit.
- Do not wax, pluck or force hair in the area, as you will stimulate the hair follicle.
- You may shave, trim, use depilatory cream or clippers between treatments.
- Please exfoliate the area 3 days after the treatment.
- Don’t have very hot showers for 48 hours after the laser hair removal treatment.
Possible skin reactions
- Your skin can become red and even bumpy up to 24 hours after the laser hair removal treatment, this is completely normal. It happens to about 20% of clients.
- If pigmentation occurs, it is not permanent but superficial only. Pigmentation will fade away within 2 weeks. Applying Vitamin E to the affected area will help to speed up the fading process.
- Please ensure to remove all makeup prior to your treatment.
Some General Information
- Laser hair removal treatments are not effective on Blonde, Red or Grey hair.
- Laser Hair Removal is the best way to cure and prevent in-grown hairs condition.
- If you are having Laser Hair Removal treatment on your face or other areas covered by Make-Up; please ensure that you remove all the make-up prior your Laser therapy treatment.
If you find that Laser Hair Removal treatment is difficult to tolerate, City Laser Clinic recommends the use of EMLA Cream – you will notice the difference, it DOES work!
Please call us if you have any concerns or questions on 1300 CITYLASER or 02 9232 80 90 to arrange a FREE consultation to discuss a treatment plan that suits your needs with one of our trained, qualified and experienced laser hair removal staff.